Naked Mobile Support
988 SUICIDE PREVENTION NUMBER IS NOW ACTIVE FOR CELLULAR ONE CUSTOMERS:
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has adopted 988 as a new three-digit number for nationwide use to reach theNational Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Crisis Lifeline.
This feature is now “live” on the Cellular One network. So that means it is available for you to use immediately. However, it willnot be fully operational throughout the country until July 16, 2022. So, until that date occurs, if you are outside of the Cellular Onenetwork or switch to another carrier you may have to dial 800-273- TALK to reach the hotline.
Beginning July 16, 2022, dialing “988” will route your call to the National Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Crisis Lifelineregardless of your carrier or location.
If you have any questions regarding information provided in this notice, please call Cellular One’s customer care center at (800)730-2351. You can also visit the FCC website at https://www.fcc.gov/suicide-prevention-hotline.
Cellular One has already adopted a 10 digit dialing system that allows the 988 number to work on our network. If you have questionsabout what a 10 digit dialing system is or what area codes may be effected please see below:
WHAT IS A 10 DIGIT DIALING SYSTEM?
To complete all local calls, you need to dial area code + telephone number. This applies to all calls within your area code that arecurrently dialed with seven digits.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU ARE CHANGING TO 10 DIGIT A DIALING SYSTEM?
In addition to changing the way you dial local calls, all services, automatic dialing equipment, or other types of equipment that areprogrammed to complete calls to 7-digit local numbers will need to be reprogrammed to complete calls to 10-digit numbers. Someexamples are life safety systems or medical monitoring devices, PBXs, fax machines, Internet dial-up numbers, fire or burglaralarm and security systems or gates, speed dialers, mobile or other wireless phone contact lists, call forwarding settings, voicemailservices and other similar functions. Be sure to check your website, personal and business stationery, advertising materials,personal and business checks, contact information, your personal or pet ID tags, and other such items to ensure the area code isincluded.
WHAT REMAINS THE SAME AFTER YOU CHANGE TO A 10 DIGIT DIALING SYSTEM?
- Your telephone number, including current area code, will not
- The price of a call, coverage area, or other rates and services will not change due to the dialing
- What is a local call now will remain a local call regardless of the number of digits
- You will continue to dial 1+ area code + telephone number for all long distance
- You can still dial just three digits to reach 711 (relay services) and 911 (emergency services).
- Any 211, 311, 411, 511, 611, or 811 services available in your community can still be reached by dialing their three-digit
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline can still be reached by dialing 1-800-273-TALK (8255).